The quality of a school district is often a top factor for parents considering where to live. Strong school systems attract new residents and help their cities prosper. If you are considering moving to South Florida, we have some of the top educational schools and choices for your children. American Heritage School is one of them.
American Heritage School is an independent, nonsectarian, and co-educational day school for grades Pre-K through 12 with approximately 2,400 students. The high school, grades 9 through 12, has a student population of 1200 students. The school was founded in 1965 to serve the fast-developing residential communities west of Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
The students at American Heritage School are uniquely prepared to be leaders of the 21st century who embody knowledge, integrity, and compassion. Each year, students attend prestigious competitions and earn exceptional awards.
Here are some of the recent achievements of their students:
- #1 high school in the state and #1 private school in the nation for Highest Number of National Merit Scholars (the top 1% of students throughout the US based on national standardized college exams and grade point average.)
- Ranked 7th out of 22,000 high schools in the nation for National Merit Scholars
- 57 National Merit Scholar Semifinalists (highest number in the state)
- 39 National Merit Commended Scholars
- 25 National Hispanic Scholars
- $72M in college scholarships offered to the Class of 2015
- #1 private school in the U.S. in national math competitions
- #1 science research school at the Florida State Science Fair
- #1 in Robotics in the Southeast Region and #16 in the world
- #1 private school in the U.S. in Model U.N.
- #1 high school in the state in Mock Trial
- Nationally ranked in the top 1% of all high school speech and debate programs
- 17 gold, 22 silver, and 17 bronze awards earned on the 2015 National Spanish Exams
- Four Emmy Awards for WAHS News from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Suncoast Chapter in the categories of Public Service Announcement, Feature Package, News Feature Profile, and Editing
- 11 Critics’ Choice Awards at the District Thespian Festival
- Featured Choir at the National Youth Choir at Carnegie Hall in New York, NY
- Six national award winners in the Art category from the Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
- Six State Championships: Football, Boys Golf, Girls Golf, Girls Soccer, Softball, Boys Swimming
There are over 60 student clubs and organizations, as well as multiple service opportunities on and off campus. The library is a 10,000 square foot state-of-the-art structure housing 9 interactive classrooms, 300 computers, and 60,000 volumes of books and reference materials. Other highlights of the campus include two multimedia production studios, three science labs, a 12,000 sq. ft. gymnasium, five athletic fields, and a 2000 sq. ft. weightlifting and conditioning center. American Heritage offers financial aid, scholarships, and faculty tuition benefits to approximately 21% of the student body for tuition expenses.
Check out our campus tour video, and see what American Heritage Schools in Delray Beach ha...
If you are considering moving to South Florida check out American Heritage and call one of our agents to help you find your dream home for you and your family! 954-980-0006 or 954-830-1855