Weston, FL, is a highly desirable area in West Broward beginning at the intersection of I-75 and I-595. Weston borders the Florida Everglades and the City maintains over 2,200 acres of wetland preserves, supporting a diverse ecological population. It encompasses 25 miles of areas including award-winning golf courses and 46 miles of bike trails. Initially conceived as a master-planned community, Weston was incorporated in 1996. Well managed growth has given rise to one of South Florida’s most desirable communities, both residential and corporate. Weston’s culturally diverse population enjoys a vibrant community, whose lifestyle, appearance and management style cities around the world wish to emulate.
Weston has the distinction of having:
- A-rated public schools and excellent private schools
- Outstanding public safety and the lowest crime rate per capita in the County
- Fourteen meticulously maintained park and recreational facilities which play host to cultural and community events and tens of thousands of registrants in organized sports leagues
- A Community Center which offers a variety of year-round enrichment classes and programming for all ages and interests, and a family YMCA within the City’s regional park
- The lowest combined property taxes, municipal taxes and fees in the County
- The lowest millage rate in the County
- The lowest ratio of employees per 1000 population in the County
- AAA credit ratings
- Visually distinctive, Weston’s extensive landscaping is without dispute one of the City’s greatest assets: rows of prestigious Royal Palms and city entry signs surrounded by lush foliage which also lines the berms, medians and rights-of-ways throughout the city.
In 2010, Money Magazine ranked Weston 19th in America in the "Biggest Earners" category, with a median family income of $119,689. In 2006, it was ranked as the city with the largest job growth in Florida and 18th largest in the nation. Business Week ranked Weston as one of the "best affordable suburbs" in the United States in November 2006.